Tuesday, June 2, 2009

American Dream (first verse and hook)

American Dream I was starting to see,
try and touch it before it turns into a memory,
but the problem exceeds race color and creed,
will prevent us to be free by the powers that be,
shout out to the projects and trailer parks,
get us to blame each other and play the strings of our heart,
the war is won in the temple so they keep us apart,
make us victims so we can't see who the enemies are,
like Black folks druggies criminals and violent,
White racist oppressive and tyrant,
the Mexicans are taking our jobs is what they say sir,
then ship the factories off to Far-east Asia,
pension drying up got me looking around,
telling me it's from the poor folks buying a house,
can't even get health care and bailing the banks out,
as they feast on their tables from the crumbs out our mouth.

That's the way that it is even though it won't seem,
you see everyone is wanting this American Dream,
from the blue collar cat to a college degree,
from the preacher in the pulpit to the cat on the street,
I'm a keep it in my hand and they try and take it from me,
but I ain't letting go of this American Dream,
I know we're going to make it we just got to believe,
so we keep on fighting for this American Dream.

No comments: